Layton ServiceDesk - Troubleshooting - Incoming Email Stops
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
If incoming email is not being processed, check the following:
- Ensure that your mail server is functioning correctly and that the mailbox is available.
- Ensure that POP3 and IMAP are configured on your mail server.
- If POP3 has been the configured incoming method, restart all POP3 services on the mail server.
- Ensure that your incoming mail settings are correct. Do a test to make sure.
- Ensure that Auto Import Settings are turned on.
- Ensure that the LaytonServiceDesk Windows service is running in Windows Services console. If it isn't, try to start it. If it won't start, note any error message.
- Click the Incoming Email button .
- If there are emails in the Incoming Email Queue, delete the earliest email and log out of Layton ServiceDesk.
- Restart the LaytonServiceDesk service, then log back in to Layton ServiceDesk.
- Right-click the Incoming Email button and open it in a new tab or window. Check the queue to see if the email is being processed. By refreshing the Incoming Email page, you'll see if the length of the queue is reducing.
- Try to manually process an email. If you can do so, then that helps narrow the cause of the issue.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, then send the latest log file.
Mismatched Email Address
Layton ServiceDesk compares the email address of the incoming email with that of the End Users. If it doesn't find a match, it won't import the email, which can be done manually.
Out-of-Office Keyword Configuration
Check to see if there is an Out-of-Office keyword that is preventing import.
Exchange POP Proxy Component Inactive
If configured as POP, and you get a successful incoming-email test result in Administration > System Settings > Email Server Settings, but no mail is processed, do this procedure on the Exchange server:
Run this command to double-check the server component state:
If the state is Inactive, run this command to activate the PopProxy component:
Set-ServerComponentState <Identity> -Component PopProxy -Requester HealthAPI -State Active
Bulk Email Deletion
If you want to delete all email in a bulk operation, here is the procedure.