Layton ServiceDesk - Release Notes - Version 6.6.8
ServiceDesk v6.6.8 is a minor release of the product. You must be using ServiceDesk v6.2.0 or later before you can upgrade to the latest version. If you are using an earlier version please upgrade by downloading v6.2.0 from the Update ➤ Layton ServiceDesk menu in the Client Support Portal before attempting to upgrade to the latest version.
Determining the Currently Installed Version
Please refer to this article to determine the currently installed version.
Obtaining the Update
Please log in to the Client Support Portal to download the upgrade installer.
We recommend that you create a Test Installation and upgrade it before committing to updating your live system.
Do not uninstall Layton ServiceDesk prior to upgrading. This is an update, not a full installer.
- Extract the lsd668_upgrade folder from the archive to the root of an attached, local drive.
- Back up your database
- In Windows Services Console:
- Stop the IIS Admin service
- Stop the LaytonServiceDesk service
- Open the lsd668_upgrade folder.
- Disable anti-virus software on the server, if running. This has been known to prevent the copying of files, especially .exe files, to the Program Files folder.
- Right-click the installer lsd668_upgrade.exe and select Run as administrator. This will avoid permission issues.
- In Windows Services Console, start the IIS Admin and LaytonServiceDesk services.
- Enable anti-virus software, if applicable.