AuditWizard - Clean Reinstallation - Embedded Database
The most common reason for doing a Clean Reinstallation is to migrate the application to another server. This procedure can also be used to eliminate the currently installed application and install a new, fresh copy in its place. A modified procedure is used in the creation of a Test Installation.
- It is recommended that you update to the latest version prior to reinstallation. If you have a faulty installation that you are going to be replacing, the update can be done later.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\AuditWizard v8\db\.
- Copy the file aw_db.sdf elsewhere as a backup. This is your database file. Omit this step if you are going to start with a blank database.
- If you have a Documents folder in C:\Program Files\AuditWizard v8\, copy it elsewhere as a backup.
- Open the Programs and Features Windows control panel.
- You may have an entry for both AuditWizard and an AuditWizard update. Uninstall any update first, then AuditWizard.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\. If it exists, delete the AuditWizard v8 folder.
- Network Share:
- If advised, delete your network share and recreate it, preferably with a different name.
- Otherwise, delete the contents of the network share (but not the share itself).
- Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\
- Delete any shortcut to AuditWizard and enclosing folder.
Fix Problems with Programs that Can't Be Installed or Uninstalled
If a problem develops with uninstalling Layton ServiceDesk (often from an interrupted uninstall operation), use the Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter available from Microsoft Support. This will download a utility that will scan the registry for installed applications and will present a list of applications to uninstall. Select Layton ServiceDesk and let it run. It might take some time to run.
- Download the full installer. This is a trial that can be registered. Note that it may not be the latest version. Please confirm with Support.
- Install per the steps in Installation.
- If it is not the latest version, log into the Customer Portal, download the latest version and install it.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\AuditWizard v8\db\. Replace aw_db.sdf with your backup. Omit this step if you are going to start with a blank database.
- If you backed up the Documents folder, restore it to C:\Program Files\AuditWizard v8\.
- Launch. Register on launch. Cancel the Setup Wizard.
- Go to Administration > Auditing > AuditScanner Configuration. Enter the network share path and make any desired changes. Click the Save Configuration and Deploy to Network buttons.
- If you are using the Agent, go to Administration > Auditing > AuditAgent Configuration. Enter the network share path and make any desired changes. Click the Save Configuration button.
- Go to Administration > General > AuditWizard Services and configure your AuditWizard Service.
- Do a full network discovery.
- If you are using the Scanner, redeploy it.
- If you are using the Agent, redeploy it until all computers running Agents have been updated with the latest Agent.
Migrate Database to SQL Server
The SQL Compact Edition database is purposed for trialing use only. Using the SQL Compact Edition database for a production AuditWizard installation is likely to become corrupted over time. Using the SQL Compact Edition database risks total data loss. It is highly recommended that you plan a migration to SQL Server at your earliest convenience.