Layton ServiceDesk - Settings - Libraries - Email Keywords
Email Keywords are keywords that are used to assign any combination of Request Types, Request Classes or Statuses to incoming emails that are processed as requests (see Lodging a New Request Via Email). Email Keywords help to simplify the processing of incoming emails for commonly requested issues.
For example, you can set up the keyword network against the Request Type Network, then if an incoming email arrives with the keyword Network in the subject line or email body, it will match the keyword to the Request Type Network and create the Request with the Network Request Type. The Request can then be automatically assigned to an Analyst or Analyst Group with the appropriate Skills and given a Priority if one is pre-defined for the Network Request Type.
Note: Any combination of Request Type, Request Class and Request Status can be configured. To leave the Request Type unchanged, don't specify a Request Type. To leave the Request Class or Request Status unchanged, select No Change in the corresponding menu. This will not alter the value of the field from whatever was set at the time of processing.
- Click the the Add button .
- Match Section (Keyword to match):
- Enter the keyword in the Keyword field.
- If it's important to distinguish this keyword from other words due to case sensitivity, check the Case Sensitive checkbox.
- Set Section (Fields to be set based on the Match criteria):
- Click the Select button next to the Request Type field. In the Request Types dialog, click the desired Request Type. To subsequently clear the selected Request Type, click the Clear button in the Edit Email Keyword dialog.
- Select the Request Class that you want to associate with the keyword in the Request Class menu. If no change is desired, select No Change.
- Select the Request Status that you want to associate with the keyword in the Request Status menu. If no change is desired, select No Change.
- Click the Save button .