AuditWizard - Getting Started - Review Requirements
It is not recommended that AuditWizard be installed on a computer running a workstation version of Windows. A service is used to do background tasks, and this requires that the computer be running constantly. Additionally, there may be issues with the number of computer connections to the computer. For this, we recommend that it be installed on a server-class Windows version.
The system requirements are dependent on the number of PCs to be uploaded. The configuration defined below is the recommended minimum.
- IBM PC or compatible, 2.0Ghz
- 2 Gb RAM
- 500 Mb hard drive space for system data
- MS Windows 2000 Server or later. If using the AuditAgent, a Server OS must be used.
- Display adapter capable of a minimum resolution of 800×600
The Audited PC
Virtually any PC can be audited provided the operating system is one of the following:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8
- Windows Server 2000, 2003, 2008, 2012
- Both 32 and 64 Bit Operating Systems
By default, AuditWizard installs a SQL Server Compact version. This allows the user to get up and running without needing to install and configure SQL Server, making it easy to get started and when evaluating the application. The SQL Server Compact database can be used as is, but it is recommended that a SQL Server be used for databases above 10 assets. Hosting the database on a full version of SQL Server (not Express) gives the benefit of automated backup, so this is an important reason to migrate.
To connect to a SQL Server Express or full SQL Server database, run the Change Database Wizard.
The following SQL Server versions are supported:
- SQL Server 2000 (including MSDE)
- SQL Server 2005 (including SQL Express 2005)
- SQL Server 2008 (including SQL Express 2008)
- SQL Server 2008 R2 (including SQL Express 2008 R2)
- SQL Server 2012 (including SQL Express 2012)
- SQL Server 2014 (including SQL Express 2014)
The amount of hard disk space required for your audit data is dependent upon the number of PCs audited and the amount of data uploaded. Typical database size for 100 uploaded computers is approximately 1.5Mb.
SQL Server Browser Service
If AuditWizard is to be installed on a server that is separate from the one hosting the SQL database, the SQL Server Browser Service must be enabled, or AuditWizard will not be able to see your SQL Server.