Layton ServiceDesk - Troubleshooting - PDF Report Not Attached to Scheduled Report Email
When Layton ServiceDesk is installed, the install path is written to the database. If the application is moved to another server, the path may not be updated. This results in scheduled-report emails being sent without an attachment.
1. Copy the following SQL query into a new query window in Management Studio and execute it:
SELECT sys_admin_value AS "Server Path" FROM [admin] WHERE sys_admin_id = 'ap_serverpath'
2. This is your configured server path. By default, it's http://servername/laytonservicedesk.
1. Back up your database.
2. Copy the following SQL query into a new query window in Management Studio:
DECLARE @Path VARCHAR(255) SET @Path = 'ENTERPATHNAMEHERE' UPDATE [admin] SET sys_admin_value = @Path WHERE sys_admin_id = 'ap_serverpath'
3. Look at the URL in your browser's URL field to determine your server path. By default, it's http://servername/laytonservicedesk.
4. Replace the string ENTERPATHNAMEHERE with your path, including the port number (default :80). For example, if your path is
then the path to enter will be
You must get this right. Note that the query will fail if your path is greater than 255 characters, as that is the length of the column. In this case, use the IP address, e.g.
5. Execute the query.
6. Go to Reporting > Schedule Reports. Create a new schedule, or modify an existing schedule. Make the trigger Daily > Start time: [2 minutes in future] > Every 1 day(s).
7. Check that the emailed report includes a PDF attachment.