Layton ServiceDesk - Troubleshooting - Installer Almost Finishes, Then Rolls Back (Error 1603)
In rare circumstances when installing on Windows Server 2008 or later, the installer might get close to finishing, then stop with the message:
The installer was interrupted before Layton ServiceDesk could be installed. You need to restart the installer to try again. Click "Close" to exit.
On clicking the Close button, the installation rolls back.
If the Installer Log procedure is followed, this error will appear in the installer log:
Installation success or error status: 1603.
Per a Microsoft article, these are the potential causes:
- Windows Installer is attempting to install an app that is already installed on your PC.
- The folder that you are trying to install the Windows Installer package to is encrypted.
- The drive that contains the folder that you are trying to install the Windows Installer package to is accessed as a substitute drive.
- The SYSTEM account does not have Full Control permissions on the folder that you are trying to install the Windows Installer package to. You notice the error message because the Windows Installer service uses the SYSTEM account to install software.
- Follow the guidelines in this Microsoft article.