Layton ServiceDesk - Errors - Cannot open database "LaytonServiceDesk" requested by the login
From Layton Support
SQL Server Settings
On launch, the following error is observed:
Cannot open database "LaytonServiceDesk" requested by the login. The login failed. Login failed for user 'LaytonUser1'.
- Open Windows Services Console and ensure that the SQL Server service is running.
- On the Layton ServiceDesk server, navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Layton Technology\Layton ServiceDesk\HB_Data\ConfigXML.
- Open config.xml in Notepad.
- Look for the string <appdbuid label="User ID (Blank = NT Trusted)">. The string in the <appbuid> tag is the name of the account that is configured to access the Layton ServiceDesk database ("THE database user"). By default, this is LaytonUser1.
- Launch Management Studio and log in as the database user. Can you log in?
- If you can't log in to Management Studio, log in as the admin user sa.
- Check Properties of the database user.