AuditWizard - Release Notes - Version 8.4.8
AuditWizard 8.4.8 is a minor release of the product.
Notably, there is no update installer for this version. We are in the process of modifying the update-installer process, and are unable to provide an update installer at this time. Updating to 8.4.8 requires a reinstallation, detailed below.
You must be using AuditWizard 8.4.5 or later before you can update to the latest version. If you are using an earlier version please update to 8.4.5 before attempting to update to the latest version. Instructions are included in the section Obtaining the Update below.
Determining the Currently Installed Version
Please refer to this article to determine the currently installed application, Scanner and Agent versions.
It is highly recommended that you implement a Test Installation and update it before committing the new version to your live system. Failing this, if your server is virtual, snapshot it before updating so that you can roll back if necessary.
Obtaining the Full Installer
Please download the full installer from here.
If you are using a version earlier than 8.4.5, please contact our Support team to obtain the necessary upgrade instructions from earlier versions.
This is a full installer, not an update.
If you have a Multiple User installation, reinstall on the server first, then the clients.
- If you have not migrated your database from the built-in SQL Compact database to SQL Server, do so now.
- In AuditWizard, ensure that Database Purging is disabled.
- Back up your database.
- Follow the Clean Reinstallation (SQL Database) procedure.
- Conditional, for Multiple User Configurations: Follow the Clean Reinstallation (Multiple User Configuration) procedure.
- Redeploy the Scanner and/or Agent. Instructions:
- If you had to disable it, re-enable Database Purging.
|68561||Windows 11 Audited as Windows 10||A bug was fixed that prevented the Scanner and Agent from correctly identifying Windows 11.|
|68562||Application Cleanup||Various old references were cleared out.|