Layton ServiceDesk - Procedures - General - Sending Incoming Email Samples to Support
Occasionally, in order to investigate a reported problem, Layton Technology Support may request sample emails that are sent into your Layton ServiceDesk. These are incoming emails.
- Go to Administration > System Settings > Email Server Settings.
- Note the configuration of the settings Auto Import Email Requests and Auto Import Email Comments. Set both to Off and save the settings.
- Send an email to Layton ServiceDesk, either to create a new Request or to comment on an existing Request, based on instructions from Support.
- Open your email application and log into the Layton ServiceDesk email account.
- Find the email you just sent and drag it to the desktop.
- Zip and email to [email protected].
- Change the settings Auto Import Email Requests and Auto Import Email Comments back to what they were.
In rare instances where the email file(s) exceed 2Mb once zipped, please send the .zip file to Support via our upload service.