Layton ServiceDesk - Installation - Special Notes - Increase Service Startup Timeout
During installation, the installer installs and starts the LaytonServiceDesk service. If this fails to start, the installer will fail and roll back the installation. A remedy is to increase the service timeout.
- Launch the Registry Editor.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Control
- Right-click Control and select New > DWORD.
- Rename the new entry as ServicesPipeTimeout.
- Right-click ServicesPipeTimeout and select Modify.... The Edit DWORD Value dialog box will appear.
- In the Value data field, enter 180000 (this represents milliseconds) and click the OK button.
- Restart the computer.
You can increase the timeout value if the service still does not start on installation.