AuditWizard - Administration - General - Sending Your Database to Support
On occasion, Support may need to examine your database to understand the cause of an issue or to repair your database. There is a preparatory procedure, and two different procedures depending on whether you are using the embedded database or a SQL Server database.
Gather Information About the Database
Collect the following information for later use:
Create Database Backup
Back up only the database that is in use. It will be either embedded (SQL Compact) or SQL Server.
Embedded (SQL Compact) Database)
- In Windows Explorer, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\AuditWizard v8\db\.
- Zip aw_db.sdf.
- Move the .zip file to a location that will be easy to access.
SQL Server Database
- Use SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) to back up the SQL database to a .bak file. Note the following settings:
Replace Passwords with Generic Password
This applies to SQL Server databases. If AuditWizard security has been enabled, all the passwords should be overwritten with a generic password to protect your passwords.
1. Restore the database with a different name.
2. Run this query to change the passwords for all users to the generic password:
UPDATE USERS SET _PASSWORD = 'UAPw0AAEy0e3EG/DKSGS4AyuUCb0JKdBCDN7AvAUMIc='
3. Backup the temporary database.
4. In Management Studio, delete the temporary database.
Prepare File for Upload
Rename the Backup File
Please use this naming convention for the backup file:
For example, if you were backing up a version 8.4.4 embedded (SQL Compact) database on 7 Dec. 2016, the resultant filename would be (.zip extension from the zipping procedure):
If you were backing up a version 8.4.4 database running on SQL Server 2014 on 7 Dec. 2016, the resultant filename would be:
Zip the Backup File
Important! You must zip the file before sending to greatly reduce its size.
Send the Database
Send the .zip file to Support via our secure upload service.