AuditWizard - Release Notes - AuditWizard 8.4.5
AuditWizard 8.4.5 is a minor release of the product.
You must be using AuditWizard 8.3.0 or later before you can upgrade to the latest version. If you are using an earlier version please upgrade to 8.3.0 before attempting to upgrade to the latest version. Instructions are included in the section Obtaining the Update below.
Determining the Currently Installed Version
Please refer to this article to determine the currently installed application, Scanner and Agent versions.
Obtaining the Update
Please log in to the Client Support Portal to download the upgrade installer. Click AuditWizard in the Update menu on the left-hand side. The release page contains a link.
If you are using an earlier version than 8.3.0, you will find a link to the 8.3.0 update on the release page.
It is highly recommended that you implement a Test Installation and upgrade it before committing the new version to your live system. Failing this, if your server is virtual, snapshot it before upgrading so that you can roll back if necessary.
Do not uninstall AuditWizard prior to upgrading. This is an update, not a full installer. Note that the procedure has changed from previous versions.
If you have a Multiple User installation, update the server first, then the clients.
- In AuditWizard, ensure that Database Purging is disabled.
- Back up your database
- Conditional, for installations earlier than 8.3.0: Right-click the installer AW830p.exe and select Run as administrator. This will avoid permission issues.
- Double-click the installer AW845p.msp. Choose the Repair AuditWizard v8 option.
- Redeploy the Scanner and/or Agent. Instructions:
The installation method for AuditWizard 8.4.5 has been changed from an executable package (.exe) to the Windows Installer patch file format (.msp). Some users may encounter errors in attempting to run the upgrade installer. If issues are encountered when running the .msp patch, see here for a workaround.
Obtaining the Full Installer
If you need the full installer, you can download it from here.
|66125||TLS/SSL Support||Added TLS/SSL support for email systems that require it.|
|66775||Application Can't Save Data||The data type of the identity column of the AUDITEDITEMS was set to INT. After a while, data could not be saved because the ID for a record was too large. The data type has been changed to BIGINT to provide for much larger IDs.|
|66775||Clicking Hardware, System and Internet Nodes in Network View Causes Black Right-Hand Pane||Once the data type was changed, the application was not capable of displaying records with large IDs, and clicking one of these nodes would break the interface, making the right-hand pane black. The application has been modified to support the database change.|
|67013||Versioning Changes||Versioning for the various parts of the application has been overhauled:|
* File Properties on the AuditWizard .exe, the record in Programs and Features and the AuditWizard Get Info dialog have all been updated to 8.4.5.
• The Scanner and Agent now have the correct version in file Properties (Details tab) and the audit files that they write.
• The database has a new column, VERSION._REVISION. In combination with _MAJOR and _MINOR, the three columns give the version number 8.4.5.