AuditWizard - Clean Reinstallation - SQL Database
The most common reason for doing a Clean Reinstallation is to migrate the application to another server. This procedure can also be used to eliminate the currently installed application and install a new, fresh copy in its place. A modified procedure is used in the creation of a Test Installation.
- It is recommended that you update to the latest version prior to reinstallation. If you have a faulty installation that you are going to be replacing, the update can be done later.
- Back up your SQL database.
- If you are migrating your database, restore the .bak file on the destination SQL Server.
- If you have a Documents folder in C:\Program Files\AuditWizard v8\, copy it elsewhere as a backup.
- Open the Programs and Features Windows control panel.
- You may have an entry for both AuditWizard and an AuditWizard update. Uninstall any update first, then AuditWizard.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\. If it exists, delete the AuditWizard v8 folder.
- Network Share:
- If advised, delete your network share and recreate it, preferably with a different name.
- Otherwise, delete the contents of the network share (but not the share itself).
- Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\
- Delete any shortcut to AuditWizard and enclosing folder.
- Download the full installer. This is a trial that can be registered. Note that it may not be the latest version. Please confirm with Support.
- Install per the steps in Installation.
- If it is not the latest version, log into the Customer Portal, download the latest version and install it.
- If you backed up the Documents folder, restore it to C:\Program Files\AuditWizard v8\.
- Launch. Register on launch. Cancel the Setup Wizard.
- Go to Administration > General > Database Maintenance. Run the Change Database Wizard to reconnect to your SQL database.
- Restart the application.
- When AuditWizard has restarted, cancel the Setup Wizard.
- Go to Administration > Auditing > AuditScanner Configuration. Enter the network share path and make any desired changes. Click the Save Configuration and Deploy to Network buttons.
- If you are using the Agent, go to Administration > Auditing > AuditAgent Configuration. Enter the network share path and make any desired changes. Click the Save Configuration button.
- Go to Administration > General > AuditWizard Services and configure your AuditWizard Service.
- Do a full network discovery.
- If you are using the Scanner, redeploy it.
- If you are using the Agent, redeploy it until all computers running Agents have been updated with the latest Agent.