Layton ServiceDesk - Release Notes - Version 6.7.3
Layton ServiceDesk v6.7.3 is a patch release of the product. Both update and full installers are available.
Determining the Currently Installed Version
Please refer to this article to determine the currently installed version.
Earliest Version that Can Be Updated to 6.7.3
You must be using ServiceDesk v6.2.0 or later before you can update to the latest version. If you are using an earlier version please update by downloading v6.2.0 from the Update ➤ Layton ServiceDesk menu in the Client Support Portal before attempting to update to the latest version.
.NET 4 Requirement
184.108.40.206 introduced the need for .NET 4. If you are currently running a version prior to 220.127.116.11, it will need to be installed. Instructions are given below.
We recommend that you create a Test Installation and update it before committing to updating your live system.
Obtaining the Update
Please log in to the Client Support Portal to download the update installer.
Obtaining the Full Installer
The full installer is the currently available trial version, which can be downloaded from here. Please log in to the Client Support Portal to obtain your license details to register the application after installation.
IIS Manager Modifications
- Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64).
- In IIS Manager, change IIS > DefaultAppPool > Enable 32-Bit Applications to True.
Updating from a Version Earlier than 18.104.22.168
Install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5
- If you are updating from a version earlier than 22.214.171.124, install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.
- Launch Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- In the Connections pane on the left-hand side, click the server name.
- In the Actions pane on the right-hand side, click Change .NET Framework Version.
- Change the .NET Framework Version to v4.0.30319 and click the OK button.
- In the center panel, double-click ISAPI and CGI Restrictions.
- There are two items with the description ASP.NET v4.0.30319. Right-click each and select Allow.
- Close Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Continue in the next section, Updating from a Version Later than 126.96.36.199.
Updating from a Version Later than 188.8.131.52
Do not uninstall Layton ServiceDesk prior to updating.
- Extract the lsd_update_673 folder from the archive to the root of an attached, local drive.
- Back up your database.
- If your server is virtual, snapshot the server.
- In Windows Services Console, stop the following services:
- IIS Admin Service
- World Wide Web Publishing Service.
- Disable anti-virus software on the server, if running. This has been known to prevent the copying of files, especially .exe files, to the Program Files folder.
- Open the lsd_update_673 folder.
- Right-click the installer lsd_update_673.exe and select Run as administrator. This will avoid permission issues. Note that the progress dialog may report that it is not responding, but this process may simply take some time.
- In Windows Services Console, start the above services.
- Re-enable anti-virus software, if applicable.
If you are installing for the first time, refer to System Requirements and follow the links at the right bottom of each related article.
If you are doing a Clean Reinstallation, follow the Clean Reinstallation procedure.
|67666||LDAP Import Interface Issues||Issues included dialogs not closing and duplicate connections being created on save.|
|67672||Installation Issue on Server 2012 or above||There were issues in running the full installer on Server 2012 and above, or Windows 10 (used by some users for testing). This has been resolved by adding an installer application and other structural changes.|