Layton ServiceDesk - Release Notes - Version 18.104.22.168
ServiceDesk v22.214.171.124 is a minor release of the product. You must be using ServiceDesk v6.2.0 or later before you can upgrade to the latest version. If you are using an earlier version please upgrade by downloading v6.2.0 from the Update ➤ Layton ServiceDesk menu in the Client Support Portal before attempting to upgrade to the latest version.
.NET 4 Upgrade
126.96.36.199 introduced the need for .NET 4. If not installed as part of that upgrade, e.g. by upgrading directly from a version prior to 188.8.131.52, it will have to be installed. Instructions are given below.
Determining the Currently Installed Version
Please refer to this article to determine the currently installed version.
Obtaining the Update
Please log in to the Client Support Portal to download the upgrade installer.
We recommend that you create a Test Installation and upgrade it before committing to updating your live system.
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5
- If not done as part of an upgrade to 184.108.40.206, install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.
- Launch Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- In the Connections pane on the left-hand side, click the server name.
- In the Actions pane on the right-hand side, click Change .NET Framework Version.
- Change the .NET Framework Version to v4.0.30319 and click the OK button.
- In the center panel, double-click ISAPI and CGI Restrictions.
- There are two items with the description ASP.NET v4.0.30319. Right-click each and select Allow.
- Close Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
Do not uninstall Layton ServiceDesk prior to upgrading. This is an update, not a full installer.
- Extract the lsd6711_upgrade folder from the archive to the root of an attached, local drive.
- Back up your database.
- In Windows Services Console, stop the following services:
- IIS Admin Service
- World Wide Web Publishing Service.
- Disable anti-virus software on the server, if running. This has been known to prevent the copying of files, especially .exe files, to the Program Files folder.
- Open the lsd6711_upgrade folder.
- Right-click the installer lsd6711_upgrade.exe and select Run as administrator. This will avoid permission issues. Note that the progress dialog may report that it is not responding, but this process may simply take some time.
- In Windows Services Console, start the above services.
- Enable anti-virus software, if applicable.
|67429||Can't Run Reports Containing Date Ranges||Reports that required a date range at run time (e.g. Request Reports > All Requests by Analyst) would not run when the Run Now button was clicked. This has been resolved.|